After firefox 89 everything has gone silly making me mad here... I have 3 problems which I couldn't do anything about them.... Tried everything what firefox says.. Old firefox still running needs to be closed.....Firefox not responding and now Where ever I am on firefox black squares just flying around ., Part of the page goes and comes back it won't let me do anything... I can't even watch youtube.... Sick and tired of this firefox...The whole computer became useles fighting with these issues... I can't get in touch with anyone for help...Black flashing, flying squares is the latest problem just all of a sudden appeared on the computer after last update... Can anyone help please before I reset my desktop which I don't want to but....If I reset I will never ever touch firefox again....I wanted to get a screenshot but no way because Black squares flying around so fast...
All Replies (2)
Try Refreshing your Browser:-
- To do this, click the menu button at the top right corner of the Firefox window.
- Click the “Help” option near the bottom of the menu.
- Click the “Troubleshooting Information” option in the Help menu.
- Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- You’ll be warned that this will remove your browser add-ons, reset your customizations, and revert other browser data to the default settings. Click “Refresh Firefox” to confirm you want to make these changes.
Did you ever test in Firefox's Safe/Troubleshoot Mode? In that mode, Firefox temporarily deactivates extensions, hardware acceleration, any userChrome.css/userContent.css files, and some other advanced features to help you assess whether these are causing the problem.
If Firefox is running:
You can restart Firefox in Safe/Troubleshoot Mode using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Help > Troubleshoot Mode... (before Fx88: Restart with Add-ons Disabled)
- (menu bar) Help menu > Troubleshoot Mode... (before Fx88: Restart with Add-ons Disabled)
and OK the restart. A small dialog should appear. Click the Open button (before Fx88: "Start in Safe Mode" button).
If Firefox is not running:
Hold down the Shift key when starting Firefox. (On Mac, hold down the option/alt key instead of the Shift key.) A small dialog should appear. Click the Open button (before Fx88: "Start in Safe Mode" button).
Note: Don't use the Refresh without first reviewing this article to understand what will be deleted: Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings.