No extensions working
New W10 PC up to date Installed TB 78.10.1 64bit installed Extensions used and working fine on my other laptop also w10 and up to date None of the extensions I installed work - naturally the are all enabled. My other PC was using 32 bit version so uninstalled 64 bit removed profile etc and installed 32 bit. Still no go Once again uninstalled etc decided to try an older version of TB 78.8.0 still no extensions work. Installed a theme and it worked fine. Firefox is installed and its extensions work fine. Other than the extensions problem TB is working OK.
All Replies (2)
Just how are you installing these extensions?
Thanks for replying to my posting. Added the Canadian Dictionary the "Regular" way and it worked. Should have been suspicious that on my old laptop the enabled add ons each had an image in the square box on the left side of each line showing the enabled icons - but I figured they were enabled so the image did not matter. However, the Canadian Dictionary in the Dictionaries list did have an image in the square. SO.....decided to try loading the extensions via the "from a file" method instead of the "normal" method (search and select etc). Downloaded a few xpi files and loaded them - Eureka!!! They worked. My concerns of something serious being wrong are gone. Turned out to be a simple solution to my problem. However, I am curious as to why the xpi file method works and the usual method I have used for years does not. I'm curious but finding the reason would be beyond me. So I am happy and going to catch up with my mail. If you can replicate my problem - Emoji is one extension you could try loading - I would be i interested in hearing what you discover. Regards, Fred