"Performing a TLS handshake" -> Sites don't load
Running v 60 ESR, downgraded from v 68, with zero problems for 3 weeks.
I've had this problem all of a sudden since last week. Steps I've taken so far:
- Changed "security.tls.version.min" to 3 from 1 (didn't work)
- Deleted cert8.db (didn't work)
- Changed to Google DNS (not sure)
- Changed to "auto-detect proxy" from "system proxy" (not sure, maybe)
- Disabled IPV6 (not sure, maybe)
- Turned off/on wifi hotspot, rebooted laptop (not sure, maybe)
The last 3 steps I took at the same time and they worked. On reboot the problem went away, albeit for 2 days!
It just came back, now it's performing a TLS handshake on about half the sites, with loading after 30-60 seconds or not at all. From searching, I see that solutions are all over the place on this and it's specific to FF. A post clearly identifies a Symantec certificates issue.
This is probably the toughest issue I've come across on FF.