This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
MyPhoneExplorer no longer works on version 78.5.0 (32-bit)
I've been using MyPhoneExplorer for years to keep my Android phone in sync with my Thunderbird address book and calendar.
With the recent upgrade to 78.5.0 (32-bit), the contact sync no longer works between the two, failing with
"Loading entries from Thunderbird failed" (See image attached).
The first time I ran MyPhoneExplorer a new plugin did get loaded for Thunderbird but I didn't note the name.
I've tried restarts and reboots, making sure Thunderbird was launched first, and even running MyPhoneExplorer with admin privileges. I'm running Version 1.8.15 of MyPhoneExplorer on a W10 64 bit platform.
I need to roll back Thunderbird until this is corrected so any tips on reverting to a previous version of Thunderbird would also be appreciated.
All Replies (4)
Do you have the latest version of the add-on?
It was loaded automatically on first use.
I tried deleting the add-on and reinstalling, rebooting between each step just for grins and still no joy.
This is a really important feature for me and I'd have to guess for a lot of others as well.
Same experience here.
I just upgraded to Thunderbird 78.10.2 (32-bit). I then upgraded the MyPhoneExplorer Add-on to 30.0.12. Contact Sync no longer works, failing with the same message reported by Smokindog.
I'm running Version 1.8.15 of MyPhoneExplorer on Windows 7 64-bit. The Android MyPhoneExplorer client (Motorola G5 Plus) is 1.0.77.
I really hope this can be resolved without getting into a finger-pointing exercise! Until then, I guess it's back to Thunderbird 60.8.0. Bummer!