This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
HI I installed windows 10 and i didn't backup my bookmarks, after sign up on Firefox account i can't find my bookmarks, how can restore them?
All Replies (3)
Windows may have created the C:\Windows.old folder with a backup of your personal data.
Look for the profile folder in the hidden "AppData\Roaming" location.
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
ich habe meine Bookmark mit der Endung .json abgespeichert, wie kann ich sie jetzt auf meinen neuen PC installieren
If you created a JSON backup in the Bookmarks Manager (Library) via "Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Backup" then you can restore this backup via "Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore".