This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
No print preview
Why don't I see a print preview ? I would like to know just what is going to be printed so I can select only the pages I need printed.
All Replies (1)
Hi donruppel, normally there are two ways to call up print preview:
- "3-bar" menu button > Print
- (menu bar) File > Print Preview
Do either of those work for you?
If File > Print Preview is missing:
The developers are testing a new Print flow that is more similar to other browsers: when you call Print from the menu or press Ctrl+P, a panel should overlay the page with a preview on the left and settings on the right. In this configuration, Print Preview is no longer a separate feature. Does that sound like what you have?
Here is where you can switch back to the classic behavior:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste print.tab and pause while the list is filtered
(3) If the print.tab_modal.enabled preference is bolded and has a value of true, double-click it to restore the default value of false (the old layout)
Was that the problem, or is the page blank in the Print Preview screen?