How to display extended validation information on the address bar.
I want to display extended validation certificate information directly on the address bar. If you know how, could you tell me about it? I know that the extended validation certificate information on the address bar has been removed since Firefox version 70. I also know that the "security.identityblock.show_extended_validation" setting has been removed.
All Replies (5)
firstly you need Update Firefox:
1. Click the menu button , click. Help and select About Firefox. On the menu bar click the Firefox menu and select About Firefox.
2. The About Mozilla Firefox Firefox window opens. Firefox will check for updates and download them automatically.
3. When the download is complete, click Restart to update Firefox.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox:
2. Type in the following line in the Firefox address bar:
3. Click on Yes, I accept the risk!
4. Type in the following line:
5. Set the preference to TRUE
tell me its helpe, Then mark solution.
Displaying that information in the location bar is no longer possible.
You can click the padlock icon and possibly click "More Information" to view this data.
Maybe you have already read these related bug reports:
- Bug 1599729 - Remove security.identityblock.show_extended_validation pref and related UI code 
- Bug 1572936 - Move EV cert UI out of URL Bar 
(please do not comment in bug reports
>To ARMAN KHAN Thank you for your quick response. I tried the procedure you wrote but unfortunately couldn't solve it. The "security.identityblock.show_extended_validation" setting seems to have been removed. Reference page
>To cor-el Thank you for your quick response. I think that is really unfortunate.The EV information on the address bar is looks like cool for me. If you know the way to show EV informations on the address bar, could you tell me?(ex: Modification of internal files of Firefox)
Hi muraleap, are there sites you won't use if an EVSSL indicator isn't present? I guess if you know it should be there, like on PayPal, then its absence might catch your eye. At least it is one click away on the drop-down:
>To jscher2000 Thank you for your quick response and the screenshot. I know the drop-down box and I can distinguish between EV and OV/DV SSL. EV informations in the drop-down box is also understandable. But I think EV indicator on address bar is cool. So I want to move the EV information to the address bar.