This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
logins & passwords?
WTF Happened to 90% of my logins & passwords? I just updated Firefox to the new Beta version and now all I have are 8 f-ing logins & passwords. I had over 80! How do I get them back? I have never had this issue before, please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All Replies (2)
This issue can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that are blocked.
check the permissions on the about:permissions page and in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions" https://support.mozilla.org/kb/fix-login-issues-on-websites-require-passwords Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now" "Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies" If clearing cookies didn't help then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies got corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookies files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox profile folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted. You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:
Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder) See also:
follow the steps:
- Exit Firefox
- In your profile folder: If there is a fresh logins.json that doesn't have anything in it yet, you can remove it
- Right-click > Copy logins.json.corrupt (whichever one looks most promising)
- Right-click > Paste and Windows should create something like logins.json - Copy.corrupt
- Right-click > Rename that back to logins.json
- Restart Firefox and hopefully it will realize that it knows how to read logins.json and it isn't corrupt after all
when resolved your problem then mark solution,