How can I change a tab to a new window, or start a new window from the "duplicate tab" dropdown?
I work in applications where I need several windows open at once. And I often start one, then need to spawn a new one. I can do that with 'duplicate tab", but then I'm always switching back and forth. I need multiple windows open at once. So what I need is an easy way to duplicate a tab as a different window, so I can have two or more open at once.
"Tear off" your duplicate tab - drag and drop the tab to your desktop.Read this answer in context 👍 1
All Replies (3)
"Tear off" your duplicate tab - drag and drop the tab to your desktop.
If you do not need the back/forward history of the tab in the duplicate, here is another option:
- Move the cursor to the address bar, for example Ctrl+L or click the URL
- On the keyboard, press Shift+Enter
- Enter loads the URL in the address bar into the current tab
- Alt+Enter directs it to a new tab
- Shift+Enter directs it to a new window
Great. I don't know how I didn't know these things, I've used Firefox since it was Mozilla since it was Netscape. It's always been my browser since there was an internet. Oh well, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. Thanks all!