Firefox Developer Edition opens two separate processes
Very good, I am using Firefox Developer through PortableApps, and I have experienced a very unique problem, which I still do not find a definition: when I want to run it opens normal, but when I open it through a link in another application opens another window, so now I have two different Firefox processes. And I know this because, the first time, I opened it normally and placed my Firefox Accounts access, and when I open the new link, it opens as if it were clean, and I had to re-position my access again. And this is really uncomfortable. The height is now that I want to install an addon, and I get this error: "An unexpected error occurred during installation." How can they do so that this unique "feature" is no longer given?
Additional System Details
Ublock Origin, Bitwarden, VideoDownload Helper, Screen.li, Wappalyzer, Web Developer, Ecosia and JDownlader browser extensions.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
It is likely that you have two Firefox profiles,m a .default profile that you probably use when you start Firefox normally and a second .default-release profile that is used when you start Firefox via an external link.
You can open the about:profiles page via the location bar to check whether multiple profiles are present and what profile Firefox currently is using.
- Do NOT click any Remove button on this page.
If you have two profiles then best to avoid this issue is to start using the default-release profile and transfer all necessary data to this profile.
You can copy files like these with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to recover specific data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You will have to reinstall extensions and redo other customizations.
Firefox 67 and later can use a dedicated profile for each of the Firefox update channels and will lock the profile, so it can only be used by Firefox in a specific installation folder.
Thank you very much, I already managed to visualize that link, and I saw that I have three enabled profiles. Now the doubt is to know which of all those is the one that loads in a certain moment. For now, the one that loads when it calls a link doesn't have the Screenshot Tool Editor plug-in enabled, which the first profile does. I don't think I would worry about "purging" everything, but if you tell me that I have to reinstall extensions, and the screenshot is no longer on the addons website, I worry a lot.
The "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page and the about:profiles page should tell you which profile Firefox is currently using.