Copy URL from address bar doesn't work anymore
I am unable to copy a URL address from the address bar, it used to be simple, Cmd>C but it no longer copies. This questions is already asked but there still does not seem to be an solution
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.14; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
Could you elaborate a little more on the issue for me?
- Does this issue occur regardless of the site that you're on?
- Is it failing to copy anything else, or just the URL?
- Have you tried seeing if you can copy by right-clicking and selecting copy instead of the Cmd>C shortcut?
- Where are you trying to paste the URL to?
Clearing your Cache and Cookies
One of the best things to try first when running into issues is to clear your cache and cookies. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- (Firefox 57 and above) Click the Library button
and choose History.
(Click the menu button and choose History in older Firefox versions.)
- In the History menu, choose "Clear Recent History...".
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the "Clear Now" button.
Further information can be found in the Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox article.
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away if you haven't already. Firefox Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode that temporarily turns off hardware acceleration, resets some settings, and disables add-ons (extensions and themes).
If Firefox is open, you can restart in Firefox Safe Mode from the Help menu:
- Click the menu button , click Help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
If Firefox is not running, you can start Firefox in Safe Mode as follows:
- On Windows: Hold the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac: Hold the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux: Quit Firefox, go to your Terminal and run firefox -safe-mode
(you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
When the Firefox Safe Mode window appears, select "Start in Safe Mode".
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, theme, or hardware acceleration. Please follow the steps in the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article to find the cause.
To exit Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have tried all the suggestions you list, I had seen these from listed and tried them before contacting you. First this is a new problem, it only started about a month ago and may coincide with a MAC OS update, not sure. I transfer files, generally .ZIP files (folders of photographs or video) to my clients using FTP and my a subfolder in my web site www.photoimagerie.com <http://www.photoimagerie.com/>. Its always been quick to check the link using Firefox then copy (Cmd<c) 400="" 500="" <="" a="" address="" an="" and="" email.="" error="" error.="" file="" get="" has="" i="" if="" in="" into="" is="" it="" not="" p="" paste="" the="" uploaded=""></c)>
But now, Cmd<c <="" any="" cmd<x="" copy="" don’t="" edit<copy="" more.="" or="" p=""></c>
Would appreciate your help on this. Thanks
Try to open a new window to see if it works in this new window.
Does this only happen in the location bar and does Copy and Paste work properly in an input field and in a text area like used on this forum ?