How do I remove the recent bookmarks tab from my library
Firefox recently updated and now it shows recent bookmarks when I open my library. There are some bookmarks that I wish to remain private but it does not give me the option to delete or remove the recent bookmarks tab. Can anyone tell me how to do this ?
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 12_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) FxiOS/18.1b15719 Mobile/15E148 Safari/605.1.15
As far as I can see it is not possible to completely hide the recent bookmarks tab. There is no setting for that. You can remove them by swiping to the left and tapping the Delete button. However you have to redo this step one by one which is really inconvenient.
Swiping off and deleting recently added bookmarks might completely delete them, so please experiment with caution!
I have Firefox for Mac, PC and iOS synced on Firefox accounts. On the Mac and PC, I don't even have the Library button on my toolbar so I never have my recent bookmarks exposed. On Firefox iOS, my only way to access my bookmarks is the Library, so I can't access my bookmarks without exposing my recent bookmarks.
This is an unacceptable lapse of user security in a situation where people are very likely to be looking over your shoulder. Firefox lets us turn off search suggestions for a reason; that same reason applies here.
Hi Uluqat, I couldn't find a setting for this on Firefox/iOS.
To submit feature change suggestions, you have many choices, depending on your desired style of interaction.
- Mozilla Discourse: https://discourse.mozilla.org/
- If none of the categories seem to fit, try https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/firefox-development
- Reddit (monitored by Mozilla): https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/
- I saw someone created a Change.org petition but I don't know who sees those
Limited Length Comments
- Feedback site: https://qsurvey.mozilla.com/s3/FirefoxInput/
- Twitter (Mozilla official): https://twitter.com/firefox
Bug Tracking System
I have resorted to the ugly kludge of making a bookmark folder titled "throwaway" and bookmarking twenty innocuous web pages whenever I want to clear the "recently bookmarked" list.
This is 100% compatible with any version of Firefox and is 100% effective, but it feels like unnecessary makework on a browser that is actively billing itself as prioritizing user privacy.