Firefox asking me to sign in every time I open it. How do I stop this?
I’ve just started using Firefox ( literally one day ago) and I’m not sure about how it’s meant to work. This is driving me mental.
When I open the Firefox browser on my mac I get this pop up window every time
This installation of Firefox has a new profile . It does not share bookmarks, passwords, and user preferences with other installations of Firefox on this computer.
-Then I’m asked to sign in to my account . -Then a second window appears and I’m asked to fill out my password to continue to Firefox Sync.
-It asks if I want to save this log in which I say yes to but I’m always having to fill out my log in info anyway.
-A third window appears which after the first few times I now ignore as I completed this task on the first time I set up Firefox- so now I just close this window. This one says “This Firefox is connected. Send Firefox directly to your smart phone and sign up to complete set-up.” Asking me to fill in my mobile number.
- All the above EVERY time I click on the Firefox browser.
- Consequently I keep getting these emails notifying me of a new sign up.
- How do I opt out of the constant “New sign-in to Firefox Lockwise “ emails?
- Can you not use the browser without having to go through these multiple windows asking you to sign in ?
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 12_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
This is a screen shot of the first window that appears after I open Firefox
and these are the 2nd and 3rd windows (final) that appear , the 3rd is the one I ignore and close as I have already added my mobile number the first time.
This is super frustrating having to go through this every time I open Firefox.
Can someone please help me?