Before update firefox opened three webpages on startup. Now it does not.
Firefox 67.0 (20190516215225) installed. Prior to this update when I started Firefox it would open three windows ( Hotmail, Facebook and Politico). After update to this version I seem unable to get three pages to open at start.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:67.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/67.0
Hi, this could be due to a bug in Firefox 67 related to a change in how Firefox 67 clears history at shutdown. When you use BOTH of the following features, some of the cleaning may carry over to the beginning of your next session and that can cause custom home pages not to load:
(1) "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed"
- set in Options > Privacy & Security > Cookies section
- about:config => network.cookie.lifetimePolicy => 2 (modified)
(2) "Clear history when Firefox closes"
- set in Options > Privacy & Security > History section, with "Firefox will: Use custom settings for history" selected to show detailed options
- about config => privacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdown => true (modified)
If you set either of those red-boxed preferences back to its default value (unchecked), the problem should not occur. Or, you can live with it for now, and click the Home button on the toolbar to load your home pages.
Most likely this will be fixed in Firefox 68 (over a month away), but possibly in an interim update to Firefox 67.
Modified by jscher2000