Cant use no script with Tor browser
I reinstalled noScript on Firefox 66.0.3. But noScript does not operate with TorBrowser. The image shows the error message in the TorBrowser.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
Hi albert43, there is a problem with an expired certificate. The Add-ons team is scrambling to update various Mozilla products; I don't know what is going on with Tor.
I think the Tor browser is built using the Extended Support Release of Firefox 60, and therefore there is a setting to turn off signature verification for extensions. This obviously is not as safe, but might be the best compromise in the short run until the Tor team announces their version of the fix.
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and submit that. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk if presented.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste xpin and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the xpinstall.signatures.required preference to switch it from true to false
Unfortunately, this creates the potential for a bad actor to serve Firefox an unsigned update, so it's definitely not a long-term fix. You can turn off extension auto-updating as a mitigation:
(4) In the search box above the list, type or paste autoup and pause while the list is filtered
(5) Double-click the extensions.update.autoUpdateDefault preference to switch it from true to false
With that change, the Add-ons page will show a new "Updates Available" section in the left column when updates are detected so you can examine them individually before updating.