certificate errors block everry website every time
using linux with firefox defualt which is 14 i get the certificate error on any website evrytime, some say incorrect algorythms others say diffferent things no exception feature is available, im stuck, cant upgrade firefox cant get to mint or any forum
Additional System Details
- This plugin provides integration with Cinnamon for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- The Totem 3.4.3 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Hi davidspriggs, your Firefox identified itself as version 16.0, which either is wrong or is totally obsolete.
Much of the web is moving to TLS 1.2 as a mininum (protocol), and you need at least Firefox 27 for that. The current supported versions of Firefox are:
- Standard release = Firefox 66.0.3 -- https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/
- Extended support release of Firefox 60 -- https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/organizations/
See also: Update Firefox to the latest release
If your distribution of Linux is a "dead end" that can't connect to anything, you might need to download a different distribution using a different computer. I don't know how you migrate data from one to the other.
Yeah, you have a terribly out of date version of Firefox, so you should update ASAP.