Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Per size zoom settings not retained since recent update

  • 6 replies
  • 1 has this problem
  • 10 views
  • Last reply by cor-el

more options

Per size zoom settings are being reset after opening a link to a site that I have previously increased the zoom setting on, and I have to reapply for every page viewed.

All Replies (6)

more options

kowloon said

Per size zoom settings are being reset after opening a link to a site that I have previously increased the zoom setting on, and I have to reapply for every page viewed.

I've had this problem in recent versions of FF, but I believe it could be a memory issue and/or lots of Extensions that may have a conflicting script causing some 'bugs'.

You have many Extensions:

  • Buster: Captcha Solver for Humans 0.5.1
  • Close Tab Button 1.0.0
  • Firefox Multi-Account Containers 6.1.0
  • Greasemonkey 4.7
  • LastPass: Free Password Manager 4.26.0.4
  • Stylus 1.5.2
  • Tab Mix - Links 0.1.0
  • Temporary Containers 0.91
  • uBlock Origin 1.18.6

However, you're on a Beta version of 67, so maybe it's the browser? Did the problem start with 67 or did you have it with previous versions?

I haven't seen the browser Zoom Feature problem in little while so far. When I did, even if I re-adjusted the Zoom Size, it would go back to default when I left that page and came back to it. I closed and re-opened FF and Zooming was 'fixed' for that Session.


~Pj

more options

If you clear website data, this could cause that problem.

more options

FredMcD said

If you clear website data, this could cause that problem.

I wasn't doing that. Maybe FF was? I dunno if it's still going show-up again or not, but I haven't seen it in a while.


~Pj

more options

I use an add-on that does this for me.

more options

Thanks for your suggestions both of you, apologies for the late reply.

I've applied another update since then and the problem is now intermittent rather than happening every time. I'm also experiencing the same problem as I reported in another thread where instead of opening links from a page with the middle mouse button in the other A, B, C they are coming out C, B, A, after the 'parent' page's tab.

Guess that's the price of running the dev version...

more options

Could be a side effect of using containers (Firefox Multi-Account Containers), so maybe disable the extension and possibly containers as a test.

This data is normally stored as Site Preferences.