why is google showing as my search engine on firefox
I chose firefox because i did not want google tracking and selling my information but now I am seeing google whenever i search on firefox ?? You might as well have google because firefox is sending me there anyways. Why is my search engine not thru firefox ??
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 28.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
Firefox is an internet browser, not a search engine. Basically, Firefox just loads the websites and you do your searches through another service. Usually, Google is the default search engine for Firefox, but you have change the default.
If you are most concerned with privacy, it sounds like you will probably want your default search engine set to DuckDuckGo, a privacy-focused search engine.
You can choose from different search providers such as Google or DuckDuckGo when you search the Internet using Firefox. To change the default search engine that Firefox uses:
- Open the Search settings panel using one of these methods:
- If you have the Search bar enabled, click the magnifying glass on the Search bar and click Change Search Settings, as shown here:
- Alternatively, click the menu button and choose Options (on Windows) or Preferences (on Mac or Linux) then select Search on the left.
- In the Search settings panel that opens, select a different search engine from the drop-down menu:
Modified by Wesley Branton
Lots of search engine options to choose from at https://mycroftproject.com/