I accidentally deleted downloads history, can I restore them?
My laptop is technology from 2012, and software and the OS are meant for 2019. So it was running slow when I tried to remove something from the download history, and "clear downloads" is right below that option when you right-click on something.
I'm guessing there's no way to restore them :/
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0
If there is a file like js backup there is a chance or you have image backup and ask a MOD for more if there is another way.
Hi InactiveUser, unfortunately, there's no backup for history items (either regular web page history or downloads) unless you make it yourself.
This data is stored in a database file named places.sqlite and it's possible Windows captured a copy of this file when you installed your last Windows 10 update (shadow copy in a restore point). Don't use system restore! That typically causes more problems.
There are several programs you can use to export files from restore points. Here's the rundown:
(1) Set Windows to show hidden files and folders:
(2) Download and run one of these programs:
- ShadowExplorer: http://www.shadowexplorer.com/
- System Restore Explorer: http://nicbedford.co.uk/software/systemrestoreexplorer/
Within the most recent restore point shown in the program, you can explore along this path to see whether you can find a timely shadow copy of your profile:
(3) Within your profile folder, look for the places.sqlite file. You can Export it to a safe location.
Now... how to view its contents. You can try this program, and point it at your exported file:
When you extract the (probably enormous) list, there usually is a "Visit Type" column that will indicate Download for downloads. It will show the URL of the download, but it doesn't seem to show the information on where you saved it.