After update to 60.3.2 CPU usage too high.
Recent auto-update to Thunderbird 60.3.2. Since then I've noticed CPU usage for Thunderbird ALWAYS between 10-20%. Anyone else seeing this?
Please try 60.3.3Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
Please try 60.3.3
As it turns out, I did a reboot this morning for other reasons and 60.3.3 was installed. So far so good. Thanks
I spoke too soon. Unfortunately 60.3.3 does not solve the problem. CPU usage is still running consistently between 10 & 20%. I find that if I exit and restart Thunderbird it will settle into what I consider "normal". That is, taking 0% CPU until it wakes up to check for emails, then dropping back to 0. Eventually for some unknown reason, Thunderbird will go back into the mode of using 10-20%.
I'm not particularly happy with the V60 upgrade as it turned off an add-on that I found very useful (allowing me to select a target folder when sending emails) and I haven't found a replacement. But that's a different story.
I have version 60.5.0 (32 Bit) and CPU usage is continuously 15-20%.
Quite a lot for a program sat there doing little.
This issue seems to persist without any developer attention.
Have v60.6.0 and have the same problem = CPU usage around 20% on a Win10 Intel i5 3.GHz 2-core...
Modified by megrenk