This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
hsts CERTIFICATES are not valid
- unable to sign into multiple secure web site that I was able to sign into on 30 Oct 2018 but not on 1 nov 2018. I get warning "The owner of www.huntington.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website. etc etc..."I called one of the sites Huntington.com and they said this is something that Mozella constructs and that Huntington had no way to fix this issue.
- Strange thing is today I can sign into some sites on my wife's computer which is on the same hard wire system router and Security by Bit Defender Box2 using total security software . Again all of these worked yesterday but not today.
* I tried you recommendations under the ADVANCED block but they did not work. Also tried to do a Clean uninstall of firefox and reinstall but did not work either.
PLEASE HELP me get back my smooth running firefox as I need it badly
All Replies (1)
There is security software like Avast, Kaspersky, BitDefender and ESET that intercept secure connection certificates and send their own.
- uses an invalid security certificate SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
- configured their website improperly
How to troubleshoot the error code "SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER" on secure websites https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER