http://[2606:4700:4700::1111] crash firefox
I tried open IPv6 website http://[2606:4700:4700::1111] and it crash firefox even in safe mode. I guess IPv6 HTTP to HTTPS redirect cause firefox to crash.
Firefox version: 63
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
I can see this happening as well; can you please create a bug report about it here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi ?
Hi Anime4000 and user1929
That URL doesn't crash my Firefox 63.0 (Windows 10, Surface Book, no Firefox-addons, no 3rd party Anti-virus or firewall software just Windows Defender)
1. Please let us know the crashid: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/mozillacrashreporter
2. and copy and paste your troubleshooting information here (you can find this at the following url: about:support )
3. what you did, what you expected (this ipV6 url seems to be of a DNS resolver, why were you checking it out?), what actually happened (besides crashing, any error messages or other details would be helpful
You can also file a bug if you are technically minded.
This is the crash report I get:
And another one from 65 nightly:
I can't think of anything unusual about the environment I'm running Firefox in (macOS 10.13, no antivirus/firewall/etc, but maybe I'm missing something). I'm not entirely sure what this URL is either; hopefully Anime4000 will respond and tell us what it is.
Link to about:support data (I can't post it here because it exceeds the character limit): https://pastebin.com/t8sfi7rA.
I attach 2 picture of my IPv6 Configuration, I using ISP Native IPv6.
Latest Crash reporter that I just submitted: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/79b3d8c6-d1f2-47c1-a644-404510181028
I using CloudFlare DNS: IPv4 > 18.104.22.168 IPv6 > 2606:4700:4700::1111
these address are accessible via web browser
Hi again Anime4000, some tests i've tried:
1. surface book 2, windows 10, ff63.0 opens the website https://[2606:4700:4700::1111]/ at the mozilla office, at home the site doesn't load perhaps due to my home wifi and ip config not being ipv6 compatible and it doesn't crash
2. 5 year old pc at mozilla office, windows 10, ff65 nightly opens the website which is cloudflare's website about DNS https://[2606:4700:4700::1111]/ and it doesn't crash
3. mac book pro 13", ff63.0 does not open https://[2606:4700:4700::1111]/ at the mozilla office or at home and it doesn't crash "unable to connect, Firefox can't establish a connect to the server at [2606:4700:4700::1111], update i changed ipv6 settings to "automatic" from "link local" and the website renders
4. my colleague's mac book pro 13" touchbar 16gb RAM , ff64.0 latest beta i.e. beta 4, mac os 10.14 mojave it crashes
Based on the above I would say go and and file a bug please!
Roland Tanglao said
try open with HTTP first, then let firefox accept server request HTTP to HTTPS redirection.
already open a bug case: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1502462
Modified by Anime4000