Problems with bookmark sorting management
I have Firefox 62.0.3 running in macOS High Sierra (10.13.6).
I've started to notice some very annoying problems with bookmarks saving and sorting: 1) when saving, the saved bookmark used to land at the bottom of the chosen folder Now, it may go there or, randomly, appear somewhere among the already saved bookmarks.
2) I need to manually sort the bookmarks in certain folders -always done so, with no issues whatsoever. Now, at times the bookmarks seem to have a will of their own and stubbornly refuse to stay where I want them to. I may leave them apparently sorted, only to find them in a mess; or they won't be placed where they should be.
Is it only me? Is there anything I can do to go back to normal?
Modified by M-Nemo
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 31.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/62.0
Hi FFus3r, thanks but I already knew that page. It describes things as they should be, and as they used to be.
Manually sorting is just NOT working for me. Or, if it does, it's not for long.
When I drag and drop the bookmarks, it's like they just refused to go where I want them to and choose another location instead.
try this addon:
or this one:
The second one might help, but I'd rather have them sorted without addons help. After all, this is what's supposed to happen, right?
I'll wait a while, see if someone comes up with something.
Thanks for your help, though.
Bookmarking continues to be a mess. I guess it's just me, though (!?).
Anyway, just wanted to mention that there is another thing that doesn't seem to work right with my bookmarking -I wonder if this a newly added feature or a/yet another bug: when adding/editing a bookmark by way of the star (see first image), it used to be that in the drop-down folder menu I found the most frequently used folders, which was extremely useful. Not anymore. Now, I find whatever the five most recently used folders are (see second image).
If this is a new feature, I wonder if it's just me that misses the previous setting? If it's a bug, I DO hope it vanishes with the next Firefox update. Together with the random landing of + inability to sort the bookmarks.
Are you viewing a sorted view of the bookmarks in the Library?
You need to choose "Views -> Unsorted" in the Library if you want to sort manually via drag and drop or Copy and Paste.
Are you using Sync to sync bookmarks?
Hi, core-el. Thanks for the suggestions.
- No, I'm not viewing a sorted view of the bookmarks. My setting is (has always been) "Unsorted".
- No, I'm not using Sync. I don't sync bookmarks. The problems I'm describing are with Firefox and the Mac. Ages ago, I tried Firefox in the iPad, to give syncing between devices a go. Didn't like it, unistalled.
1) Same s**t with Firefox 63.0. 2) I can't believe nobody else is having the same problem. Is it only me, really???
Bookmark managing was to me one of the best features of Firefox. What made me stick to it for years and ignore Safari and Chrome. Why has it gone to hell?
Modified by M-Nemo