How to disable touchpad zooming?
I'd like to disable touchpad zooming. I've tried about:config and windows settings, to no avail. What should I do? It's not enough of a disturbance to make me switch to Chrome, but if I'm already annoyed, it will irritate me to no end. Please help!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 30.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:61.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/61.0
Could you describe what gestures are involved?
Perhaps it would be helpful to disable "mouse scroll wheel" zooming in case part of the touchpad is (in Firefox's view) emulating that control. Here's how:
You can disable the Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel from doing anything special as follows:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste wheel and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the mousewheel.with_control.action preference to display a dialog where you can enter the desired value, change 3 to 1 and then click OK
These are the possible values:
- 0 => do nothing
- 1 => scroll
- 2 => emulate back/forward buttons
- 3 => zoom (default setting)
- 4 => horizontal scroll
- 5 => zoom (pinch zoom; not sure how this is different)
Does that help?