Just recently firefox shuts down at least 8 times per day. How can I stop this please?
Whether I'm using the computer or not, makes no difference - Firefox simply shuts down multiple times per day. When it happens there is a pop up screen which reads "Firefox quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple" Help.... please....
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 31.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/62.0
are you using Rapport ?
I don't know what that is sorry... so I'm guessing no
its an extension, can you check extensions? see if its installed?
It doesn't seem to be an extension. The only extension I have is Pinterest Save Button
try to disable it and see if it works.
try Clean reinstall. This means you remove your Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. This process does not remove your Firefox profile data (such as bookmarks and passwords), since that information is stored in a different location.
To do a clean reinstall of Firefox, please follow these steps: Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org (or choose the download for your operating system and language from this page) and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Please report back to say if this helped you!
Thanks so much. Will give this a try and let you know.
Well.... it turns out I have another problem. I can't quit Firefox. It won't shut down and it won't force quit (I have a MAC). When I choose quit, it quits, but only for a second then the icon bounces in the dock (where all the icons sit) and the mark appears under it to indicate it is open. Even restarting the computer brings about the same result. Until I can shut down the program I can't uninstall it.
HI, not a Mac person so no idea how to kill it off. Am sure you do though :
Then please scan : https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/
I don't want to speak too soon..... but I believe my problem has been solved. It's been 16 hours... and Firefox has not 'quit unexpectedly'... thank you so much for your help.
download and install this update: