This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Version 62 wont let my outlook365 email load it stalls and acts strange
before the update to 62 outlook365 worked fine. I have a work account and it tries to loads but stalls halfway through and won't load. Works ok on th E browser and as the outlook app. Worked on firefox until the sept. 6 update. I don't know how to fix it.
All Replies (9)
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- (Firefox 57 and above) Click the Library button and choose History.
(Click the menu button and choose History in older Firefox versions.)
- In the History menu, choose "Clear Recent History...".
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the "Clear Now" button.
Further information can be found in the Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Didn’t work. I go to the sign in page and than it stalls. I’m asked to enter a verification code, which is typical, and than it stalls. The reload button spins from reload to x. Worked fine for years till last update. Can I reverse update?
not yet, try clean reinstall:
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove your Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. This process does not remove your Firefox profile data (such as bookmarks and passwords), since that information is stored in a different location.
To do a clean reinstall of Firefox, please follow these steps: Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org (or choose the download for your operating system and language from this page) and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Please report back to say if this helped you!
This fix did not work. Can I go back to previous version.
The problem is Firefox is taking the URL outlook.office365.com and adding a whole bunch or zeros and other stuff to it. That causes it to bounce and stall.
Edge does not do that so it works on that browser. How do I stop Firefox from doing that. It was fine before the upgrade to version 62
The problem is Firefox is taking the URL outlook.office365.com and adding a whole bunch or zeros and other stuff to it. That causes it to bounce and stall. Edge does not do that so it works on that browser. How do I stop Firefox from doing that. It was fine before the upgrade to version 62
see this page:
this is not help. it's adding and changing the book mark Url to microsoftonline instead of outlook.office365.. Edge, which is a lousy browser, does not do this. How do I stop it. It's just this page that it happens to.