This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Can't login to yahoo or BBC iplayer from Firefox anymore. Why?
Last night I had trouble logging into BBC iplayer. The help desk there thought it was a browser problem. Today I can't access my yahoo mail either. I can log in to my yahoo account but it won't show me my mail. When I try to click on the link to mail it tells me it can't connect me - because of a browser problem. Please help.
All Replies (3)
What does the error screen shot say?
It says: The page isn't redirecting properly. An error occurred during a connection to mail.yahoo.com This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
Thank you for your help
It could be also your IBM Security Rapport I notice you have Kaspersky disabled : There is security software like Avast/AVG, Kaspersky, BitDefender and ESET Do you have a full version installed as that can be the issue also.
Please Test in : SAFE MODE
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- all extensions are disabled (about:addons)
- default theme is used (no persona)
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored (chrome folder)
- default toolbar layout is used (file: localstore-safe.rdf)
- hardware acceleration is disabled (Options > Performance > Uncheck to view)
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected
TEST''''is issue still there ?