why are downloads being blocked from sites that were previously okay
I had previously downed versions of Apache Open Office. I cannot download latest. I had downloaded statements from my bank and Paypal. Not any longer. I don't even get an error message. I have checked Windows and Norton to see if those programs are doing it. It doesn't appear so. What is going on?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 30.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:61.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/61.0
Needs to see the error screen shot to find out what is happening.
No error screen. That's what part of what's so frustrating.
What security software ?
There is security software like Avast/AVG, Kaspersky, BitDefender, ESET & sometimes McAfee that intercept secure connections and send their own certificate/ or their scanner is effecting Firefox. If you are running any of the above software please check their community forum for a work around to apply settings.
These pages are also for the errors you may have besides relating to the above.
Also Extensions can cause issues : SAFE MODE
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- all extensions are disabled (about:addons)
- default theme is used (no persona)
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored (chrome folder)
- default toolbar layout is used (file: localstore-safe.rdf)
- hardware acceleration is disabled (Options > Performance > Uncheck to view)
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected
TEST''''is issue still there ?