This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Can't Print ANY webpages from FF 61.0.2
it's now 8/22/18 I still can't print from FF 61.0.2.I got on google to ask the fix,followed the directions and still get the pop-up window"An error occurred while printing."and then my printer sends a blank page.as a reminder ALL other Browsers (I use) opera&IE print fine this has been going on for 2 months I did have 64&2bit versions,but last update changed the 2 to 64 a/c my desktop is a 64bit machine
All Replies (4)
Wow, I had no idea you were getting that error dialog. That provides a lot more to go on than "printing a blank page" -- for example, I can research past threads.
There isn't a definitive solution for that message because it is the catch-all "unknown reason" message. We always suggest starting with:
- Reset Firefox's stored printer settings as described in the support article: Fix printing problems in Firefox
- Test by restarting in Firefox's Safe Mode (see: Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode -- this is meant for testing, not as a new lifestyle) -- success in Safe Mode can indicate an extension causing the problem or possibly hardware acceleration (display driver incompatibility)
- Check for updates to your printer driver software (but this is less likely applicable when the problem affects multiple printers)
- If all printers are affected, try a "clean reinstall" of the Firefox program files (steps available on request; you may already have tried this)
- Consider a Firefox Refresh or testing in a new profile to see whether it is likely to be a settings issue (steps at the end of this reply)
- If the problem occurred after switching from the traditional 32-bit Firefox for Windows to 64-bit Firefox for Windows, you could consider switching back to 32-bit (this article discusses transition issues, from the opposite perspective: How to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit Firefox)
If that does not help, these are more obscure solutions from past threads:
- Try disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox
- Check your security software
- McAfee was the culprit in this thread: I can't print
- Consider permission issues if you relocated your TEMP folder
New Profile Test
This takes about 3 minutes, plus the time to test printing.
Inside Firefox, type or paste about:profiles in the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it.
Click the Create a New Profile button, then click Next. Assign a name like Aug2018, ignore the option to relocate the profile folder, and click the Finish button.
After creating the profile, scroll down to it and click the Set as default profile button below that profile, then scroll back up and click the Restart normally button. (There are some other buttons, but please ignore them.)
Firefox should exit and then start up using the new profile, which will just look brand new. Please ignore any tabs enticing you to connect to a Sync account or to activate extensions found on your system so we can get a clean test.
Does printing work any better in the new profile?
When you are done with the experiment, open the about:profiles page again, click the Set as default profile button for your normal profile, then click the Restart normally button to get back to it.
it Prints in the Safe Mode!Now what do I do.If I do a refresh do I have to reset up all I have setup to FF??
thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!! UNCHECKING HW ACCERATION FIXED IT NOW I CAN PRINT!!!!!