Unable to add a favorite bookmark on 52.9.0 (32 bit) after auto upgrade. I am Windows.
There was an automatic upgrade to firefox 52.9.0 (32-bit). Not happy with it - lot of changes and not for better. My bookmarks stay up on the left side of the screen and there is no way to create a new bookmark --> no star or anything. And there is no way to de-install.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 106
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 18.11.20055
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.75.0 for Mozilla browsers
- IBM Global Print Plugin version 4.1
- Mozilla Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_71 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealTimes Download Plugin
- Saba Meeting application launcher plugin
- Shockwave Flash 30.0 r0
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Zoom launcher - 3.0.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Hi, if no way to install please back up :
Then please download this which will start right away. https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-esr-latest-ssl&os=win&lang=en-US Shut down Firefox after you have backed up and downloaded. Then run the installer over top. If it gives you a uninstaller please uninstall the repeat the install again and see what it looks like.
Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.
I don't see the ability to import or export my existing bookmarks. I see a folder on the top right that says open sidebars. When I do that I can only select bookmarks. That brings up my list of bookmarks - under the heading Bookmarks Toolbar. If I right click on it - I see New Bookmark which creates a callback that I have to manually enter information, None of your directions to export my existing data is relevant. This is like being back in the dark ages.
Mouse to top of the browser and Right Click in a empty spot. Turn on Bookmarks Toolbar and Menu Bar if want.
Should have told me to go to customize and add it back to the toolbar - stumbled on this via trial and error. Good thing as I was ready to uninstall the application. Still don't see how to export, but I installed chrome and imported my bookmarks from firefox.
That works also, there is another way to.
You want the Menu Bar and then Bookmarks, Show all bookmarks. Import and Backup then choose Export as HTML.