I made mistake of using Edge (site was balking at Firefox) and went back to FF and now bookmarks toolbar disappeared. clicked on bmarks on view, but nothing
I made mistake of using Edge (site was balking at Firefox) and went back to FF and now bookmarks toolbar disappeared. I made the mistake of hitting reset and now everything I've had for years has vanished. I followed advice of other queries, but nothing. I click on View/toolbars and then Bookmarks Toolbar, but nothing. If I reset my computer back to yesterday will it all reappear or is it gone forever? Thanks
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 30.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:61.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/61.0
Have a look at this page: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recover-lost-or-missing-bookmarks. Try restoring your bookmarks from a backup file.
Best regards, BelFox
When you use the refresh feature in Firefox then your profile is moved to the "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop.
You can copy files like these with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to recover specific data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
First of all, thank you for your quick reply. I eventually had to delete Firefox and reinstall it. Not sure why, but it seems I had a glitch: Even though the bookmarks toolbar was clicked, it wouldn't show. It would show for a second or two when I first opened it, but it then disappeared. Anyway, delete/restore seems to have fixed it. (It restored my bookmarks). Again, thank you for your suggestions and I do appreciate the wonderful Mozilla/Firefox community.
Welcome, please check your answer as the solution so others can find it.