How can I change the link for a downloaded file, where the link expires, and needs an update?
I am downloading a large(ish) file that I have left paused for a day, except the files link has expired. On Android, I can use the download manager ADM to update the link for a download; how can I do a similar thing for a download on Firefox? Much appreciated ;)
Additional System Details
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_3_0_0_0
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.124
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
You can try this:
Make sure to backup the .part file and the final file with size 0 without the .part before starting Firefox. Try these steps to resume an unfinished download when you still have the .part file.
- Move the old .part partial download and the final file without the .part that has size 0 to another location.
- Start a new download and pause it, don't close Firefox.
- Copy the two files (.part and 0 byte final) that you moved above back to the download location to replace the new files that were created.
- Resume the download in Firefox.
Thankyou! I will try that!