Annoying Firefox message.
I constantly get a message that I can upgrade my Firefox but then it says I can't. It happens incessantly. How do I stop the message please?
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.23
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 30.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
The version of Firefox you are running is VERY out of date. Please go to www.getfirefox.com and update to the latest version of Firefox.
That's the problem. Appatently I can't update my Firefox.
Hi, suggest : uninstall Firefox. Then Delete the Mozilla Firefox Folders in C:\Program Files , C:\Program Files(x86) & C:\ProgramData Then restart system. Then run Windows Disk Cleanup. (Note: This should be Pinned and run Weekly, If never done below expect 10's of gig's) Then run it again and click the button that says Cleanup System Files. Note: your Firefox Profile is saved. But you should make a back up before you do :
Reinstall with Current Release Firefox 61.0.1esr with a Full Version Installer Firefox ESR does not come with the latest features but it has the latest security and stability fixes.
Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.
If there is a problem with updating or with the permissions then best is to download the full version and trash the currently installed Firefox application to do a clean reinstall.
Download a new copy of the Firefox application and save the Disk Image file to the desktop Firefox 61.0:
- trash the currently installed Firefox application (open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean reinstall
- install the new version that you have downloaded
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you reinstall or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.