This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
My back up restore isn't working after doing an update Mozilla requested
Mozilla asked me to restart and reset, and in doing so I've lost ALL my bookmarks! When I follow the instructions to restore from back up, nothing appears and I get an error message. Please help!
All Replies (1)
Hi, that does happen sometimes, please try :
- What's What in the Profile
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
- if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
fyi for the future :
Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.
Modified by Shadow110