All of my bookmarks are gone and I am unable to restore them. Please advise what has happened?
I updated FireFox and all of my bookmarks are gone. I have tired to Restore and get the following message:
Unable to process the backup file.
I have tired everything that has been posted and nothing is working. I use FireFox at work, so I have lost a lot of these.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.2
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues. You must remove the older programs. Then get the current full installer.
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Adobe Reader Note: Other Software is offered in the download.
Separate Security Issue: Update your Flash Player or remove it using these links; http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html Uninstall Flash Player | Windows http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html Uninstall Flash Player | Mac
Note: Windows users should download the ActiveX for Internet Explorer. and the plugin for Plugin-based browsers (like Firefox).
Note: Windows 8 and Windows 10 have built-in flash players and Adobe will cause a conflict. Install the plugin only. Not the ActiveX.
Flash Player Version: Version 188.8.131.52
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Direct link scans current system and browser Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only>
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, Win IE . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only> +++++++++++++++++++ See if there are updates for your graphics drivers https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration
I updated FireFox and all of my bookmarks are gone
Try rebooting the computer. Is the problem still there?
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox?
I updated FireFox
Your system details shows you are using Firefox 46 Is this correct?
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0