What level of encryption does my firefox have? (Yahoo!edition yahoo-1.20)
I need to use a website which requires me to have a browser with 128-bit encryption. I don't know what my firefox browser's level is. the "about firefox" box on my desktop says my current is Yahoo!edition yahoo-1.20. It also tells me it can't be updated. Thank you. PS: I've tried to use safari to go to this US government agency website, but safari won't "safely" open that page. I can get to that .gov website with firefox, but need to know answer to level of encryption.
Additional System Details
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 29.0 r0
- zoom.us launcher plugin version 1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
Firefox has supported 256-bit encryption for a very long time if the site provides support so the old Firefox 48.0.2 have certainly supports 128-bit.
Note that you can find the official Firefox version here:
I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. If you haven't already, please select the answer that solves the problem. This will help other users with similar problems find the solution more easily.
Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support.