This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox does not save my browsing history I have tried all that I know --suggestions please
I have used history--options --privacy and security--custom settings--set it to remember everything---it still does not save the history
I am not getting any saved when logging in it says that firefox is not my browser and asks if i WANT IT TO BE. i SAY NOT NOW--THEN THE LAST PAGE THAT i WAS LOGGED INTO COMES UP. But nothing is saved. Sorry about the capitals I was not looking at the screen as I typed.
All Replies (4)
Profile data can be removed or not recorded several ways;
- 1) Running Firefox in Private Mode (nothing is recorded)
- 2) Privacy settings; (In the address bar, type about:preferences#privacy<enter>)
- 3) Many disk cleaners and anti-virus type programs can remove data from browsers. Open their settings and have them leave the browsers alone.
- 4) Mal-ware.
Check your two add-ons. Make sure of what they do.
How do you get to the private mode. Every time I open Firefox the last site that I was on comes up
Your startup setting may be to restore the last session. What did you want as the Firefox start page?
Do you mean saving the history across a session (restart) or saving history during the current session?
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Browsing History
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" -> Settings
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exception for password and other website specific data
- clearing "Cookies" will remove all selected cookies including cookies with an "Allow" exception you may want to keep
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database (bookmarks and history) in the Firefox profile folder.
- use "Verify Integrity" on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
If "Verify Integrity" on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page cannot repair places.sqlite then remove all places.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from a recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created