Firefox is not saving websites in history or toolbox memory
Firefox is NOT saving the websites I am visiting in history or in its toolbox memory (I have to print the whole site name and not just the first letters). It worked until a few days ago. Now all history is cancelled and it is not memorizing my new actions. I have gone to "Preferences - Privacy" and the History is set to "Firefox will remember history", so that is probably not the problem. I have tried clearing all cache as well, but nothing has changed.
Additional System Details
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
Separate Security Issue: Update your Flash Player Note: Windows users should download the ActiveX for Internet Explorer. and the plugin for Plugin-based browsers (like Firefox).
Note: Windows 8 and Windows 10 have built-in flash players and Adobe will cause a conflict. Install the plugin only. Not the ActiveX.
Flash Player Version: Version 18.104.22.168
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Direct link scans current system and browser Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only>
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, Win IE . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only> +++++++++++++++++++ See if there are updates for your graphics drivers https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration
Profile data can be removed or not recorded several ways;
- 1) Running Firefox in Private Mode (nothing is recorded)
- 2) Privacy settings; (In the address bar, type about:preferences#privacy<enter>)
- 3) Many disk cleaners and anti-virus type programs can remove data from browsers. Open their settings and have them leave the browsers alone.
- 4) Mal-ware.
Note: Some software, like Advanced SystemCare with Surfing Protection, can protect files in the Firefox profile folder against changes. If you have such software then check the settings or uninstall this software.