Can't Access Firefox Browsing History
I have my browser set up to delete my browsing settings after completely shutting down Firefox. However, during a browsing session, my visited sites are supposed to be stored as per usual. This has been completely non-functional for the past month or so and I've tried several fixes to no avail.
Problem: ~Can't view current, active browsing history
Attempted Solutions: ~Upgrade Firefox ~Downgrade Firefox ~Uninstall & Re-Install ~Complete System Updates ~Restart Computer ~Turn Off/Turn On Computer ~Restore Default Settings to History Controls ~Wail in Agony to the Wind
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.16
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealTimes Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Make sure you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode (Always use Private Browsing mode; Never Remember History).
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- remove checkmark: [ ] "Always use Private Browsing mode"
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database (bookmarks and history) in the Firefox profile folder.
- use "Verify Integrity" on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page