What happened to "evaluate links"? How do I check for broken links in Quantum?
I used to be able to right-click on a page and select "evaluate links" to have it check for broken links. That seems to have disappeared in Quantum. How do I do that now?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Hi eleeper, that isn't a built-in Firefox feature, it probably was added to the menu by an extension. Could you look up your list(s) of disabled extensions so we can find more information about what it was and either help you enable it or find a replacement?
You can do that on the Add-ons page. Either:
- Command+Shift+a (Windows: Ctrl+Shift+a)
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- type or paste about:addons in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the left column of the Add-ons page, click Extensions. Then:
(A) Scan down the list on the right side; disabled extensions (grayed background) usually appear at the bottom. Anything here that could be related to validating links?
(B) Back at the top of the extensions list, check for a "Show legacy extensions" link that leads to a separate list of extensions that are incompatible with Firefox 57. Anything here that could be related to validating links?
If nothing leaps out at you, you could share your entire extensions list. The easiest way is to copy/paste from the Troubleshooting Information page. Either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" Help > Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the Extensions heading, and select the entire table that follows. You can copy using Command+c or right-click > Copy (with a touchpad or one-button mouse, Ctrl+click). Then paste into a reply. It may look a bit messy, but we're used to it.
- Bookmarks Organizer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/bookmarks-organizer/
I guess I was using either the legacy add-on Linky or Link Evaluator. Bookmarks Organizer won't solve my problem, because I want to check web pages, not my bookmarks. (Well, I want to check my bookmarks too, but that's not the main reason.)
These are both quite old now, and the reviews mention a lot of problems with them:
That said, I didn't see any replacements in a quick search. I wonder how people are doing this kind of thing now?