I presently have Firefox 52.5.0 ESR and repeated Attempts to load Mozilla 57.x FAIL and download 52.5.oesr.exe instead?
I have an older Computer that uses Windows XP Pro Home Edition (32 bit) SP3 and has a Pentium 4 CPU 1.80GHz running at 1.79GHz with 1.0GB of RAM. My Current Firefox (52.5.0 ESR) seems to use Much more Memory than it should asits initial startup is now over 200MB of Ram and if a window is opened that goes Over 450MB and pushes the Limits of my Installed RAM and Virtual Memory Capabilities.
Since Installing the Firefox 52.x update Crash reports Seem To NOT be Getting through as each time is Says the report has an Problem completing and closes without completing the Crash Report to Mozilla.
The New Firefox 57.x Sounds like i tmight have the needed Improvement sbut seems NOT to be Download Available to my computer. Will Mozilla Improve the Versions tah tdo download to my computer to reduce the RAM memory usage? Perhaps by NOT holding EVERY past Web Window opened in memory for Instant return (something Microsoft Windows Liked to do but is VERY Memory Wasteful in Practice).
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.141.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Hello, Support for Windows XP, ended a while back -- Firefox 52 ESR is the last version to support and work on Windows XP -- you will have to either A) Upgrade to a newer version of Windows B) Buy a new computer C) Install a linux distro of your choosing.
Modified by Mkll
Firefox 53.0 and later has dropped support of the EOL WinXP and Vista. So Firefox 52 ESR is your only updated Firefox option on WinXP until 52.8.0esr Released in May 2018.
As said you could try a Linux distro like Xubuntu to be much less vulnerable with OS and to be able to use current Firefox Releases. If you do try dual booting with Linux, look into using a light desktop manager like XFCE and not something heavy like GNOME 3 or KDE. However many Linux distros have been dropping support of the old 32-bit CPU's in favour of 64-bit.
Modified by James