Does FF Quantum include the equivalent of CoolPreviews? If not, I'm forced to stay with v.42.
Firefox up to 42 is the only browser that had an add-on from which one could view links without opening them, but CoolIris was taken over by Yahoo, then stopped being developed and maintained. Can't fathom why no one has filled this need.
Additional System Details
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing Plugin
- Provides information about the default web browser
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 18.104.22.168
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Pando Web Installer
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
It is not safe to stay on 42!! It has been unsafe to do so for a year now!! Please update to the latest version of Firefox, then I'll find a replacement for your add-on.
On the contrary, please find me a replacement and I'll be happy to update! I don't believe there is one. I also have 50 for things that don't work in 42, like boomerang.
Modified by janvier_25
This is probably similar to what you're looking for: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchpreview/
I will be happy to download Quantum when this add-on is released and will keep checking.
Modified by janvier_25
Both of your domains link me to https://example.com the test domain! Anyway, I did find a replacement, but it too is not ready for Quantum yet.
Could you provide a link with a description so I can see its potential?
Sure, no problem: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-preview/
That link is not working, unfortunately, but if it is a tab preview, it's not the same thing as a link preview.
I added proper links to my note above for a description of CoolPreviews.
Have you tried this add-on in Firefox 52 ESR? You can migrate directly from 42 without losing any of your data, and 52 ESR will be supported with security updates until May 2018, you can download and install it with the installer from this page: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/
If this solved your problem, please mark as solution!
Which add-on? (antecedent, please)
"Have you tried this add-on in Firefox 52 ESR?"
CoolPreviews doesn't work past 42, and tab preview isn't what I'm looking for.
Damn! I just downloaded 59 and it destroyed all my settings and extensions in 42 and 50. How do I recover them? Still can't live without CoolPreviews or I'd be using Opera alone.