Firefox no longer launching any site
I just received my new computer running Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. I installed Firefox. Everything was fine. I installed other programs. Including a 2007 version of FSX.
I do not know what could have happened, but now Firefox no longer launches any site. The tabs that were already open are now blank. The address field says "Enter a search term or address".
If I type an address or search term, for example "nose", the address field contains: https://www.google.com/search?q=nose&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab but it is grayed out and the page remains white.
If I then type "foot" in the Google field, nothing changes in the address field and the page remains blank. Ditto if I restart with the modules disabled. I launched the "Repair" Firefox. Without success. The following tab appears then in gray, but with an empty page: https://www.mozilla.org/privacy/firefox/
I uninstalled Firefox, passed Ccleaner, removed all traces of Mozilla from the system, restarted, reinstalled Firefox 56.0.02 (64-bit). The problem persists.
No malware, no virus.
In connection settings, I went from this: "Use system proxy settings" to this: "Automatically detect proxy settings for this network". And I restarted Firefox. Without success.
Same thing when I chosed this: "No proxy".
I have been using Firefox since 2006 and have never encountered such a problem.
Thank you for helping me.
Web Companion was the origin of the problem! I uninstalled it and restart. Now Firefox works again!Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.21
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.151.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Web Companion was the origin of the problem! I uninstalled it and restart. Now Firefox works again!
That was very good work. Well done.