How can I add jre 22.214.171.124 to firefox plugins?
I have downloaded and installed "java runtime environment 126.96.36.199". I need to add it to mozilla pulgins in order to use it for some banking transactions. Please help me.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
I see you are using a very old version of Firefox. Why is that?
Firefox should detect any plugins thru the registry. Is there a problem?
I don't think that bank sites would require Java since almost (or all) browser no longer support Java embedded on a web page.
If you use extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) that can block (wanted) content (e.g. Adblock Plus, NoScript, Ghostery, uBlock Origin) always make sure such extensions do not block (wanted) content.
- make sure your extensions and filters are updated to the latest version
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
Note that your Firefox 38 version might not be compatible with modern servers that are optimized to use the latest browser features.
Maybe consider to switch to the current Firefox 52.4.1 ESR release.
Firefox 52.4.1 ESR: