Firefox won't load any pages or menus.
About 3 days ago, I checked my work email with Firefox. About an hour later when I went to check again, no pages would load. I tried opening a new tab and entering an address and it wouldn't do anything. I tried restarting my phone and Firefox and it still fails to load anything. I can't even get into the menus. I've tried clearing the cache but Firefox still fails to load any pages.
What do I do? Will I have to reinstall and lose all my settings to fix this?
Additional System Details
Three Finger Swipe Some UA switcher plugin that is disabled.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
Hopefully it will not come to that - there is something that we can try first of all.
- From the Android home screen, open the Settings app (typically a cogwheel icon, it might be stored in the app library).
- Navigate to Apps (or it might be labelled as Applications)
- Find Firefox for Android in the list and open that entry.
- Select the option to Clear Cache (do not "clear Data" as this will lose all your data).
- Back out and try to use Firefox for Android again.
I hope this helps, but if not, please come back here and we can look into a different solution for you.
Just tried it. When I open Firefox again, it's exactly the same. It even remembers the tabs I closed and never loads that page or any other page.
I can get into Guest mode, where everything works fine. But exiting it leaves me with the same problems as before.