After a new installation of Ubuntu 12.04 Firefox will open for a few seconds and then crash without me trying to use it. Thunderbird reacts in the same way. An installation of LUBUNTU works perfectly well on the same computer with Firefox operating and Sylfeed as the email system (no Thunderbird available in that one) My main computer has the same setup of a dual system with Windows (same version as the other one) , similar hardware and working for 2-3 years with no proablem. I cannot see the difference between the two computers which is causing the problem.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
You're using an outdated Ubuntu LTS release. Of course things wouldn't work. Upgrade to 16.04.2 LTS
/We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
The crash report is several pages of data. We need the report numbers to see the whole report.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Modified by Moses