How do I get Firefox to switch to English on thliday Inn website? I am in Mexico, but my language is English. My interface is in English-website content isnt
When I go to the Holiday Inn website, the interface is in English but the web content is in Spanish. I live in Mexico, but my language is English. At the top of the page, there is an option to switch to English, but when I click on it, nothing happens. I need help :(
Does this link work?Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
Some sites are going to be a problem because they very stubbornly cling to the most logical language for your current IP address. Others may have a better mechanism for overriding that.
For the hotel's own website, assuming you are staying there, I would ask them what their trick is.
If you use any add-ons that block page content (e.g., ad blocker, tracking blocker, script blocker...), try making an exception to ensure that those add-ons are not creating this problem.
Generally speaking, the most reliable workaround is to use a VPN that sends your requests through a router in the U.S. That may be difficult to set up when you are having browser challenges, but for future reference:
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove the cookies from websites that cause problems via the "3-bar" Firefox menu button (Options/Preferences).
"Clear the cache":
- Firefox/Options/Preferences -> Advanced -> Network -> Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove the cookies" from websites that cause problems.
- Firefox/Options/Preferences -> Privacy -> "Use custom settings for history" -> Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
I was very well written and easy to follow, but I still cannot get to the English language (:
Does this link work?
You are my hero!!