Firefox says it is up to date but isn't
It's been stuck at version 38.0.5 for a long time. When I press "Check for updates", it answers that it is up to date. This is on Windows 7. How can I correct this?
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MDDR; rv:11.0) like Gecko
You may need to download and run the installer, which will detect your existing settings and do an upgrade-type installation.
There have been a lot of changes in Firefox since version 38, so you might want to do this in two steps.
(1) Firefox 45 Extended Support Release from April 2017
The win32 folder has the traditional 32-bit Firefox installers.
The win64 folder has the optional 64-bit Firefox installers. If you are switching from 32-bit to 64-bit, be aware that:
- The 64-bit version is limited to the Flash and Silverlight plugins. If you require other plugins, stick with 32-bit.
- Some extra steps may be required. See: How to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit Firefox.
Within those two folders you'll find numerous folders for individual locale/language combinations. For example, en-US is U.S. English. If you're not sure of the most appropriate locale code, you may find it in the address bar when using this forum (based on what your other browser is telling the site about your preference).
Can you find the right one?
(2) Then try updating again using the About Firefox dialog. See: Update Firefox to the latest version.
Thank you. I had to contact my IT department about access to this. They gave me a local copy instead.