This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Dialog box; When attempting to highlight/copy text (on any website) a dialog box appears preventing any highlighting/copying. HUGE ANNOYANCE!
Occasionally I will attempt to highlight/copy a ph. number or a specific line on a (any) website. Usually this will launch a dialog box with a few optional choices: copy, cut, paste, delete, select all, check spelling...ad blocker. Big annoyance, it was not always there, can anyone help in preventing this please?
All Replies (3)
Highlight what you want. Then <Control> C.
Can you attach a screenshot?
- use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
Clear the cache and remove the cookies from websites that cause problems via the "3-bar" Firefox menu button (Options/Preferences).
"Clear the cache":
- Firefox/Options/Preferences -> Advanced -> Network -> Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove the cookies" from websites that cause problems.
- Firefox/Options/Preferences -> Privacy -> "Use custom settings for history" -> Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You can also check for issues caused by malware.
That sounds like Firefox's context menu for editing controls, but you wouldn't expect to see it until you right-click your selected text.