X
Tap here to go to the mobile version of the site.

Support Forum

Facebook videos playback problem

Posted

Hi!

I have a problem here with playback of FB videos. It is specific only for that original FB videos, not for YT videos or etc. The problem is when i start playing video, everything is OK but when i try to switch video to specific playback time, it totally stops and is unresponsive to any attempt, it looks like video is paused and as i've said, when i try to click on it to play, no response. I can only to click on any playback time in video and it shows "picture" from video in that playback time. It is like when you pause the video and then you can click on any playback time and it shows what is in that video time but without playing video. So when I want to see any video, I have to see it all without any switching of playback time, otherwise it totally "pause" the video. It occured during this last FF version of 53, some weeks ago. I've tried to stop plugins, also clear cache and all the history, disable HW acceleration etc.

Sorry for my english and THANKS a lot for help.

Hi! I have a problem here with playback of FB videos. It is specific only for that original FB videos, not for YT videos or etc. The problem is when i start playing video, everything is OK but when i try to switch video to specific playback time, it totally stops and is unresponsive to any attempt, it looks like video is paused and as i've said, when i try to click on it to play, no response. I can only to click on any playback time in video and it shows "picture" from video in that playback time. It is like when you pause the video and then you can click on any playback time and it shows what is in that video time but without playing video. So when I want to see any video, I have to see it all without any switching of playback time, otherwise it totally "pause" the video. It occured during this last FF version of 53, some weeks ago. I've tried to stop plugins, also clear cache and all the history, disable HW acceleration etc. Sorry for my english and THANKS a lot for help.

Chosen solution

Okay, after weeks it started to work out of nothing. No update or anything similar and again, just firefox ...

Read this answer in context 2

Additional System Details

Application

  • Firefox 53.0.3
  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0
  • Support URL: https://support.mozilla.org/1/firefox/53.0.3/WINNT/sk/

Extensions

  • Application Update Service Helper 2.0 (aushelper@mozilla.org)
  • Flagfox 5.1.23 ({1018e4d6-728f-4b20-ad56-37578a4de76b})
  • Follow-on Search Telemetry 0.8.0 (followonsearch@mozilla.com)
  • Multi-process staged rollout 1.14 (e10srollout@mozilla.org)
  • Pocket 1.0.5 (firefox@getpocket.com)
  • S3.Google Translator 5.32 (s3google@translator)
  • Shield Recipe Client 1.0.0 (shield-recipe-client@mozilla.org)
  • uBlock Origin 1.12.4 (uBlock0@raymondhill.net)
  • Web Compat 1.0 (webcompat@mozilla.org)
  • Bookmarks Checker - check for bad links 5.8.1 (firefoxbookmarkchecker@everhelper.me) (Inactive)
  • HP Client Security Manager 1.3.0.6309 (dpmaxz_ng@jetpack) (Inactive)
  • Places Maintenance 2.0.3 (places-maintenance@bonardo.net) (Inactive)

Javascript

  • incrementalGCEnabled: True

Graphics

  • adapterDescription: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics
  • adapterDescription2:
  • adapterDeviceID: 0x1318
  • adapterDeviceID2:
  • adapterDrivers: aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx64 amdxc64 aticfx32 aticfx32 aticfx32 amdxc32 atiumd64 atidxx64 atidxx64 atiumdag atidxx32 atidxx32 atiumdva atiumd6a atitmm64
  • adapterDrivers2:
  • adapterRAM: 512
  • adapterRAM2:
  • adapterSubsysID: 2234103c
  • adapterSubsysID2:
  • adapterVendorID: 0x1002
  • adapterVendorID2:
  • crashGuards: []
  • currentAudioBackend: wasapi
  • direct2DEnabled: True
  • directWriteEnabled: True
  • directWriteVersion: 10.0.15063.0
  • driverDate: 4-24-2017
  • driverDate2:
  • driverVersion: 22.19.162.4
  • driverVersion2:
  • featureLog: {u'fallbacks': [], u'features': [{u'status': u'available', u'description': u'Compositing', u'log': [{u'status': u'available', u'type': u'default'}], u'name': u'HW_COMPOSITING'}, {u'status': u'available', u'description': u'Direct3D11 Compositing', u'log': [{u'status': u'available', u'type': u'default'}], u'name': u'D3D11_COMPOSITING'}, {u'status': u'disabled', u'description': u'Direct3D9 Compositing', u'log': [{u'status': u'disabled', u'message': u'Disabled by default', u'type': u'default'}], u'name': u'D3D9_COMPOSITING'}, {u'status': u'available', u'description': u'Direct2D', u'log': [{u'status': u'available', u'type': u'default'}], u'name': u'DIRECT2D'}, {u'status': u'available', u'description': u'Direct3D11 hardware ANGLE', u'log': [{u'status': u'available', u'type': u'default'}], u'name': u'D3D11_HW_ANGLE'}, {u'status': u'unavailable', u'description': u'GPU Process', u'log': [{u'status': u'available', u'type': u'default'}, {u'status': u'unavailable', u'message': u'Multi-process mode is not enabled', u'type': u'runtime'}], u'name': u'GPU_PROCESS'}]}
  • info: {u'AzureCanvasAccelerated': 0, u'AzureCanvasBackend': u'direct2d 1.1', u'AzureFallbackCanvasBackend': u'skia', u'AzureContentBackend': u'direct2d 1.1'}
  • isGPU2Active: False
  • numAcceleratedWindows: 1
  • numTotalWindows: 1
  • webgl2Renderer: Google Inc. -- ANGLE (AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
  • webglRenderer: Google Inc. -- ANGLE (AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
  • windowLayerManagerRemote: True
  • windowLayerManagerType: Direct3D 11

Modified Preferences

Misc

  • User JS: No
  • Accessibility: No

Chosen Solution

Okay, after weeks it started to work out of nothing. No update or anything similar and again, just firefox ...

Okay, after weeks it started to work out of nothing. No update or anything similar and again, just firefox ...